International and National Post Graduate Scholarship AwardsThese programs are sponsored by Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) in production sharing contract with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) as co-venturer. The awards, which focus on Geosciences and Engineering disciplines are part of efforts at developing people for rewarding and productive careers in the petroleum industry. To qualify for the scheme: International Post Graduate Scholarship Awards: The candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in any reputable Foreign University for the international post graduate award. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
National Post Graduate Scholarship Awards: The candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in a recognized Nigerian University for the national post graduate award. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
As at 2014, a total of 123 young Nigerians have been sponsored for international post graduate studies since 1994, while another 159 persons have gone through similar programs in Nigerian universities since 2007. Other schemes sponsored by this partnership include the NNPC/MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Awards . These scholarship programs are amongst several initiatives by the ExxonMobil upstream subsidiary companies EEPNL and MPN), along with the respective partners and co-venturer, to help build capacities of young and brilliant Nigerians and further boost pool of qualified manpower for career opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
1. Must be a graduate from a Nigerian University
2. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the listed Engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission to undertake full-time postgraduate study at a reputable foreign University (MSc or MEng) in the 2015/2016 academic session.
4. Specialization in Geophysics would be an advantage.
1. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
3. Ensure you attach the right documents in the appropriate upload section.
To apply, Follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information at http://scholastica.ng/schemes/nnpceepnl or return to the home page www.scholastica.ng and select the 2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards to be redirected to the application page]12. You will receive an email that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your referee to sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
o Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
o Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
o Login with Email and Password to complete the form
o After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
o Visit any of the capture centers https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
o You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/ and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion NOTE:
- Multiple applications shall lead to disqualification
- You must apply before you begin verification of your application details. Click here for more information. (Thanks to Naija Competitions)