The 17th Mike Okonkwo National Essay Competition for Secondary School Students in Nigeria is now open for entries, from March 30th to June 5th 2020.
The competition is aimed at contributing to the educational sector in the country and to sensitize the students by encouraging them to excel in their world by developing their ability to think through issues. The Mike Okonkwo National Essay Competition spans over a decade of developing and rewarding the writing skills of Nigerians Youths towards national development.
The Essay is titled “Building the Nigeria Dream: The Challenge of Unity” and must not be more than 2,000 words.
– Student: N100, 000 and a Laptop
– School: Three (3) desktop computers and a printer.
– Student: N75, 000
– School: Two (2) desktop computers and a printer.
– Student: N50, 000
– School: One (1) desktop computer
Open to all secondary school students in Nigeria
- Essay should not be more than 2,000 words and should be clearly written legibly or typed.
- Essays should be the original work of the writers. Plagiarism is not allowed.
- Students must include their full Name, Class, email, contact phone number and his/her recent passport photograph.
- Name of School and detailed address (including Name of Principal and Phone number).
- Submission of entries open March 30th and closes on June 5th, 2020.
- Essay can be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM) International Headquarters, Gbagada Express Way, Anthony Oke Lagos.
Source: Mike Okonkwo Essay Competition
For further enquiries, please contact 08129121822.